Thursday, November 1, 2007

Cough, cough, hack... can you hear me now?

Hello friends, I have had a really hard week. I had a cold last week, and I thought it was over. But no. I have bronchitis. Ick.
So, I haven't been in school because, well, I'm miserable, and so doped up on cough syrup that I don't think it would be safe for me to drive there. So I've been doing some knitting, no spinning (too much precision involved in that) and a lot of watching of tv. I just got hooked on the Ghost Hunters show of the Sci-Fi channel- its entertaining at least. But all of that still can't distract me from the fact that every time I cough, I feel like I'm hacking up my lungs. Ugh...
The bolero is going alright. I'm finally at the spot where I put the sleeve stitches on a scrap piece of yarn and cast on the underarm stitches. Woo. That's pretty exciting.
I am a bit concerned just about the wearability of this sweater, as its in super bulky yarn. It is a bolero, so it has a sort of open design, it is cropped a bit, and I think I might shorten the sleeves to 3/4 length. So maybe it will be ok. After all, it gets cold here eventually.
Anyways. I've got nothing left. Here's a video of an alpaca to distract you. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kokokia said...

Hope you feel better real soon. Love the Bolero you are working on. The cables look nice and the color is great. Looking forward to seeing the completed project.